LOCKPORT, N.Y. (WIVB) — A new initiative is getting started in Lockport with a focus on community service.
Eight service clubs joined together for “Community Cares” Sunday.
They collected items for “Lockport Cares” to directly help the homeless shelter.
“And Lockport is a very supportive and involved community and this was an opportunity for some of our friends and family and neighbors and our service clubs to support Lockport Cares,” said Laurie Ferris, former president, Barge Canal Optimist Club.
Organizers say any excess donations will go to help the local food banks.
- Aquarium of Niagara highlights water pollution with new art installation
- Decorated WWII veteran celebrates 100th birthday and receives new prosthetic leg
- Construction on Chippewa officially finishes as part of larger entertainment district project
- Sabres fans head to KeyBank Center
- Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and India Walton sit down with News 4