LOCKPORT, N.Y. (WIVB) — UPDATE: The driver, 63-year-old John Kindig, has died at ECMC.
ORIGINAL: A home in Lockport is going to be torn down after a vehicle crashed into it late Thursday night.
First responders were seen on Chestnut Ridge Road near Tops in Lockport shortly before Midnight. There, the Niagara County Sheriff’s Office says a westbound vehicle being driven by a 63-year-old Batavia man went off the road where it curved.
After the driver left the roadway, he crossed a ditch, traveled west for a short distance and struck the home.
Inside, no one was hurt, but the driver had to be flown to ECMC after he was found unresponsive.
One of the three people in the house had become trapped and had to be rescued.
The Town of Lockport Building Inspector has deemed the home a total loss, and says it must be immediately demolished.
- Why coffee could soon be even more expensive
- Developer Douglas Jemal planning to add apartments, parking spaces to the Statler Building
- Help for veterans exposed to toxic burn pits: Congress says more needs to be done
- Niagara Falls is equipping school bus “stop” signs with cameras
- GOP blocks bill to keep government going; new try ahead