LOCKPORT, N.Y. (WIVB) — Early Tuesday morning, members of the Niagara County Sheriff’s office responded to a report of a reckless driver in Lockport.
Officials received a 911 call about a driver allegedly speeding in the Woodlands mobile home community shortly before 4:30 a.m. Deputies were checking the area when another 911 call came in about a vehicle that had crashed into a home.
After responding to the scene on Knotty Pine Drive, deputies arrested 21-year-old Lockport resident Dylan West. He was accused of two misdemeanor DWI charges and taken into custody to await centralized arraignment.
No one in either the vehicle or home was injured. It’s not clear what it’s going to cost to fix the damage to the home.
- American Airlines plane makes emergency landing in Las Vegas due to bird
- Champions at last: Bandits claim NLL Cup, 5th title in franchise history, 1st in 15 years
- Influencer mom fighting for life after suffering aneurysm one week before due date
- Canisius unveils new logo ahead of transition to university
- Some Apple customers frustrated by new savings accounts
Evan Anstey is an Associated Press Award, JANY Award and Emmy-nominated digital producer who has been part of the News 4 team since 2015. See more of his work here and follow him on Twitter.