LOCKPORT, N.Y. (WIVB) — The Niagara County Sheriff’s office says a Lockport woman was found to be driving impaired with children in her vehicle.
Thursday around 3 a.m., the Sheriff’s office says it was told by Cheektowaga police that a woman was intoxicated and headed to the Lockport area with two young children in the vehicle.
On Robinson Road, deputies stopped Juanita Darrell, 33, who they say had a two-year-old and an eight-year-old in the vehicle. Darrell was charged with felony DWI (Leandra’s Law) and two counts of endangering the welfare of a child.
The children were released to family and Darrell was remanded to the Niagara County Correctional Facility to await centralized arraignment.
- 4 sailors at Virginia naval center die by apparent suicide in a month
- WATCH: Massive dust storm swallows town in western Kansas
- Dozens of senators warn China of ‘grave consequences’ if it uses violence against protesters
- Congress averts ‘catastrophic’ rail strike amid sick time concerns
- Prominent politicians push to aid candidates in Georgia senate race days before runoff