LOCKPORT, N.Y. (WIVB) — The Niagara County Sheriff’s office says a Lockport woman was found to be driving impaired with children in her vehicle.
Thursday around 3 a.m., the Sheriff’s office says it was told by Cheektowaga police that a woman was intoxicated and headed to the Lockport area with two young children in the vehicle.
On Robinson Road, deputies stopped Juanita Darrell, 33, who they say had a two-year-old and an eight-year-old in the vehicle. Darrell was charged with felony DWI (Leandra’s Law) and two counts of endangering the welfare of a child.
The children were released to family and Darrell was remanded to the Niagara County Correctional Facility to await centralized arraignment.
- Local leaders speak out on Tyre Nichols footage
- Final 4 NFL teams all feature offensive-focused coaches
- Former BPD officer facing charges related to looting investigation
- HS wrestling: Starpoint, Chatauqua Lake, Niagara Wheatfield in state title contention
- Ford recalls 462K vehicles over rear camera problem tied to 17 accidents