LOCKPORT, N.Y. (WIVB) — Sunday night in Lockport, a teen driver crashed into a home after authorities say he was involved in a road rage incident.
Niagara County Sheriff’s deputies responded to the scene on Tonawanda Creek Road around 8:17 p.m.
There, they say the 17-year-old driver was headed east when he lost control while speeding around a curve. The vehicle ended up striking a guardrail, a tree and a fire hydrant before hitting the house.
Luckily, no one was injured when the vehicle came to a rest inside a first-floor bedroom. As of Monday morning, there’s no estimate on the damage, but the home’s residents have been displaced until repairs can be made.
The teen, who was not named, has been charged with reckless driving and multiple other vehicle and traffic law violations.
- Fire breaks out at West Seneca home, fire officials say house is total loss
- ‘Hey, hey, hey, goodbye!’: Passengers sing as two kicked off Florida flight for not wearing masks
- Trench warfare: Bills win battle up front on both sides
- New York ranked best state for teachers in 2021
- Princess Beatrice gives birth to daughter in London