MIDDLEPORT, N.Y. (WIVB) — A Niagara County man has been charged with attacking another person with a knife during an early morning fight.
Sunday, around 1:30 a.m., Middleport police and members of the Niagara County Sheriff’s Office responded to a report of two men fighting in the street on Freeman Avenue.
Authorities say one of the men, 58-year-old village resident Scott Whittaker, slashed the other man multiple times and fled the scene before officers got there.
The victim was taken to ECMC after suffering non-life threatening injuries. Whittaker was later located in Orleans County; specifically, the Town of Yates.
When Whittaker was found and taken into custody, he was charged with assault and menacing before being taken to the Niagara County Jail.
More Crime News
- Amherst man facing felony gun charges after he’s found with over a dozen illegal firearms
- Hamburg man sentenced to 30 years in prison for production of child pornography
- Buffalo man admits to fatally stabbing woman inside Town of Tonawanda apartment
- Crime Stoppers offering up to $7,500 for information on May homicide
- Collierville, TN Kroger shooting kills 2, including shooter, injures 12 more