NIAGARA FALLS, N.Y. (WIVB) — The Niagara Falls Fire Department responded to a fire at 520 17th St. on Thursday evening.
According to city officials, the fire originated in a back bedroom on the second floor. The residents of the second floor apartment evacuated the building with some smoke exposure, but did not request first aid. Occupants of the first floor escaped unharmed, and the third floor resident was not home at the time of the fire.
The Red Cross was called to assist the first and second floor residents with housing. The fire department prevented the fire from spreading to neighboring buildings.
New on WIVB.com
- WATCH: Governor Hochul Updates New Yorkers on State’s Progress Combating COVID-19
- Fat Bob’s Smokehouse to donate 17 percent of sales today, Sunday to Patricia Allen Fund
- Jeopardy! to feature WNY native on Tuesday night
- Otsego County giving COVID test kits out to public
- Erie County mask mandate still in effect after statewide ban struck down