NIAGARA FALLS, N.Y. (WIVB) — Wanted on a charge of burglary dating back 40 years, federal officials say a woman trying to escape to Canada was caught at the Rainbow Bridge in Niagara Falls.
This past Saturday, U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) says the 62-year-old woman was refused entry into Canada. During a secondary inspection, CBP says “multiple aliases and dates of birth were discovered for the subject.”
While CBP officers were investigating the woman, whose name was not shared, they say they found a warrant for her arrest out of the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department from 1983.
She was turned over to New York State Police after being processed by CBP.
- National Doughnut Day: Where to get free doughnuts this Friday
- 5 children hospitalized after smoking vape pen at Chicago elementary school
- US tries to force company to issue recall of air bag inflators after deaths, injuries
- ECMC responds after nurses call for safer workplace
- Over 100 bees attack 81-year-old Oklahoma man for hours, causing him to break hip
Evan Anstey is an Associated Press Award, JANY Award and Emmy-nominated digital producer who has been part of the News 4 team since 2015. See more of his work here and follow him on Twitter.