NIAGARA FALLS, N.Y. (WIVB) — Wanted on a charge of burglary dating back 40 years, federal officials say a woman trying to escape to Canada was caught at the Rainbow Bridge in Niagara Falls.
This past Saturday, U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) says the 62-year-old woman was refused entry into Canada. During a secondary inspection, CBP says “multiple aliases and dates of birth were discovered for the subject.”
While CBP officers were investigating the woman, whose name was not shared, they say they found a warrant for her arrest out of the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department from 1983.
She was turned over to New York State Police after being processed by CBP.
- These 19 Senate Republicans voted against advancing short-term funding bill
- WATCH: Mexican mother bravely shields son as bear leaps on picnic table to devour his birthday enchiladas
- McCarthy goes all-in on border with second GOP stopgap funding attempt
- Elevated border numbers are the new normal
- Biden brushes off threat from Cornel West despite left’s warnings