NORTH TONAWANDA, N.Y. (WIVB) — The intersection of Niagara Falls Boulevard where Erie Avenue becomes Shawnee Road will be closed for a few days.
The New York State Department of Transportation said this closure in North Tonawanda is happening so that repairs can be made to the railroad crossing.
The closure will start at 6 a.m. Monday, May 9. A series of detours will be posted:
- Traffic on Niagara Falls Boulevard – Along East Robinson/North French Road, Campbell Boulevard, Saunders Settlement Road and Ward Road
- Northbound traffic on Shawnee Road – Along Niagara Falls Boulevard, East Robinson Road/North French Road, Campbell Boulevard and Saunders Settlement Road
- Southbound traffic on Erie Avenue – Along Niagara Falls Boulevard and Nash Road
- Pedestrians – Along St. Jude Circle and Kingston Avenue
The work is expected to last three days, depending on weather.
The New York State Department of Transportation has also announced that night work on Niagara Falls Boulevard will begin May 10, with southbound lane closures between Sheridan and Green Acres from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Mystery mail? Virginia man receives cryptic postcards from unknown sender
- Musk calls report he was accused of sexual misconduct: ‘standard (despicable) playbook’
- World Bee Day: Here’s why bees matter and why they need help
- Man accused of attacking Dave Chappelle onstage charged in roommate’s stabbing
- Man drives 3.5 hours to drop off food in wake of tragedy