PENDLETON, N.Y. (WIVB) — A 20-year-old man was arrested following a vehicle pursuit that ensued over multiple towns in Niagara County early Saturday morning.
At approximately 1:52 a.m., Saturday, according to the Niagara County Sheriff’s Office, patrols observed a “white BMW sedan” traveling 91 mph in a 45 mph zone in the 4700 block of Tonawanda Creek. Patrols, police say, attempted to initiate a traffic stop but could not safely catch up to the sedan.
Police say the sedan was later located at the intersection on Campbell Boulevard and Lockport Road when, they say, a second traffic stop was attempted.
A vehicle pursuit ensued through the towns of Pendleton, Cambria, and Lewiston. Police say the pursuit was “terminated multiple times due to excessive speed.” Law enforcement agencies countywide, police say, worked together to located the vehicle.
A tire deflation device was ultimately deployed by the Lewiston Police at Saunders Settlement and Miller roads.
Daniel D. Ganko of Ontario, Canada was arrested and charged with fleeing an officer in a motor vehicle in the third degree, resisting arrest, reckless driving, and numerous traffic law violations. He was held for arraignment.
- McDonald’s plans unprecedented growth over the next 4 years with 10,000 new stores
- Von Miller available to play after assault allegation, Bills GM says
- Kevin McCarthy to depart House at end of year
- Howard Stern reveals death of close friend, frequent caller: ‘Ralph was a trustworthy, dear friend’
- Group to discuss how other cities handle projects like planned Route 33 tunnel