PENDLETON, N.Y. (WIVB) — A Starpoint middle schooler has been charged with a felony after authorities say he threatened violence at the school over Snapchat.
On Sunday, the Niagara County Sheriff’s Office received a report about a Snapchat photo indicating possible violence against Starpoint Middle School.
An investigation then began, resulting in the arrest of a student, whose name was not released. He has been charged with making a terroristic threat.
Following his arrest, the student was released to the custody of his parents. He’ll appear at Niagara County Probation at a later time.
“We will continue to investigate all school threats and take the appropriate action,” Sheriff Michael J. Filicetti said in a press release.
- Home cultivation of medical marijuana begins
- Tracking the Tropics: How Hurricane Hunters helped track Ian
- ‘Scrubs’ writer-producer arrested again on rape allegations
- Local fifth grader with juvenile arthritis raises money for a cure
- Man trying to do handstand falls from Myrtle Beach hotel’s 15th-floor balcony, dies