LOCKPORT, N.Y. (WIVB) — Before the regular committee meetings, the Niagara County Legislature will hold a special meeting on Monday night related to gas.
The proposal in question is whether or not to cap the county’s four-percent gas tax at $3/gallon. The meeting will take place at 5:30 p.m. at the Niagara County Courthouse.
If approved, the proposed resolution would take effect June 1 and end come December.
- Families of victims unleash tears and frustrations
- Rev. Al Sharpton condemns “era of hate,” vows to support families of mass shooting victims
- Three-run sixth lifts Will South over Amherst
- DMV urges New Yorkers to get a REAL ID before the federal deadline
- Niagara University food drive planned for communities affected by Buffalo mass shooting