WHEATFIELD, N.Y. (WIVB) — Firefighters worked to put out a fire at a Wheatfield manufacturing business early Saturday morning.
The Niagara County Sheriff’s office said the fire at Pyrotek Inc. at 2040 Cory Drive broke out around 2:04 a.m., emergency crews responded after receiving a 911 call.
When sheriff’s deputies arrived they found smoke and flames coming from a chimney. Sanborn and Bergholz Volunteer Fire companies contained the fire to the chimney area.
There’s no word on how much damage was caused.
New on WIVB.com
- NYS Supreme Court strikes down Gov. Hochul’s mask mandate
- Democrats push to pass climate change policy
- Parents of a Buffalo child with autism and PICA sue the Buffalo School District for child’s right to in-person learning
- First-time speed skaters eager to compete on Olympic stage regardless of restrictions and challenges
- Futures Academy students left at bus stop for hours in freezing temperatures