WHEATFIELD, N.Y. (WIVB) — A Williamsville man is facing charges after deputies say he led them on a chase spanning two counties.
On Thursday, just before 4 a.m., the Niagara County Sheriff’s office says a vehicle was seen quickly moving south on Niagara Falls Boulevard in Wheatfield.
A deputy attempted to pull the vehicle over, but they say the driver didn’t comply and led them on a chase that eventually crossed into Erie County.
According to the Sheriff’s office, the vehicle kept going south toward the area of the I-290 and was later found “attempting to hide behind a Sunoco gas station.”
The alleged driver, 20-year-old Williamsville resident Zachary Jones, was arrested. He faces charges of unlawfully fleeing a police officer, reckless driving and aggravated unlicensed operation — all of which are misdemeanors.
Following his arrest, Jones was remanded to the Niagara County Correctional Facility to await centralized arraignment.
- Local leaders speak out on Tyre Nichols footage
- Final 4 NFL teams all feature offensive-focused coaches
- Former BPD officer facing charges related to looting investigation
- HS wrestling: Starpoint, Chatauqua Lake, Niagara Wheatfield in state title contention
- Ford recalls 462K vehicles over rear camera problem tied to 17 accidents