ERIE COUNTY, N.Y. (WIVB)– The Buffalo Sewer Authority has identified the man who died at the Bird Island Treatment Plant last week.
Officials say Darren Stevens fell into a well on Thursday. Crews recovered his body Friday morning.
It’s not clear what caused Stevens to fall in but the Buffalo Fire Department says he was not secured to anything when he fell.
- Malik Evans defeats Lovely Warren in Democratic primary for Rochester mayor
- Garcia, Beaty win primary elections in Erie County Sheriff’s race
- Poloncarz: Low voter turnout in Erie County
- Buffalo Common Council approves new music venue
- India Walton unofficially beats 4-term Buffalo mayor Byron Brown in Democratic primary; on track to be Buffalo’s first female mayor