Officials: Careless use of fireworks causes Black Rock fire

Local News

BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — Fireworks are being blamed as the cause of a fire in Buffalo’s Black Rock neighborhood.

Crews made their way to Thompson St. shortly after 1:30 a.m. on Monday.

The fire began on an exterior wall and extended to the two-story, wooden-framed building’s second floor, causing $70,000 in damage.

Officials say fireworks were carelessly used, causing the fire.

The American Red Cross is helping two adults.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

Don't Miss