PEMBROKE, N.Y. (WIVB) — An accident between two tractor trailers has caused a fire and a part of I-90 westbound to be closed, according to New York State Police.
According to police, one of the trucks was driving partially on the shoulder at a reduced speed just after 12 p.m. Thursday when it was struck by another tractor trailer in the right lane.
A fuel tank on the striking tractor trailer ruptured and the truck caught fire. The driver of that truck suffered minor injuries and is being treated for smoke inhalation. The other driver was not injured.
The left lane in the area has been reopened and the traffic diversion at Exit 48 has been removed.
This is a developing story, check back for updates.
Latest local news
- Political satirist and Buffalo native Mark Russell dies
- Pot dispensary licensing coming to WNY, additional permits expected to be issued Monday
- Niagara Falls launches security camera rebate program to include non-profits
- Taste of Buffalo named winner of USA TODAY’s Best City Food Festival
- Hochul announces $1.4 million to help East Buffalo residents impacted by shooting
Aidan Joly joined the News 4 staff in 2022. He is a graduate of Canisius College. You can see more of his work here.