Popular ice cream shop catches fire

Local News
11182206_873528702759430_135937766526033144_n_121493

HAMBURG, N.Y. (WIVB) — A popular ice cream parlor in the south towns caught fire early Friday afternoon, but quick actions by firefighters may have kept the cold treats flowing.

Officials say while roofers were installing a new roof on Nick Charlap’s Ice Cream, a tar-melting torch caught part of the roof on fire. When fire crews arrived, they utilized foam to try to control the flames.

Owners of the shop say there was no water damage due to the foam and they will remain open for business.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

Don't Miss