AMHERST, N.Y. (WIVB) — Crews are investigating a power surge causing several outrages at the University at Buffalo North Campus.
An alert went out Thursday morning, alerting the community that some buildings at the Amherst campus are running on generator power due to the surge. No fires or injuries were reported, according to UB.
The Lockwood Library was evacuated due to reports of smoke in the building. The fire department gave the building an “all clear” just after 11 a.m.
Facilities crews are still investigating outages.
New on WIVB.com
- Volvo’s next EVs include subcompact crossover, mid-size sedan
- Man serving life sentence for deadly Las Vegas Strip bombing escapes from prison
- Syracuse man brings loaded gun into Rochester airport, charged with felonies
- Hurricane Ian: Some WNYers caught in the predicted path in Florida
- Hugh Jackman to reprise role of Wolverine for Deadpool 3