HAMBURG, N.Y. (WIVB) -- Attorneys on both sides of an investigation into Patrick Kane are moving forward with their respective clients. Right now Kane has not been charged with a crime.
Some expected Erie County District Attorney Frank Sedita to present evidence to a grand jury on Tuesday, but that didn't happen.
Sources close to the case say the district attorney is doing more due diligence in his investigation.
A delay in presenting evidence to a grand jury could also involve the availability or willingness of a witness to testify. The district attorney must decide whether or not to seek a criminal indictment.
Kane's agent went public Wednesday saying he believes the hockey superstar from Buffalo did nothing wrong.
More coverage on Patrick Kane:
- Police utilize forensic evidence to further Pat Kane investigation.
- Police confirm an investigation against the NHL superstar.
- Buffalo reacts to Patrick Kane investigation.
- Patrick Kane hires representation.
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- New measure to put heat on absentee landlords
- 21 people impacted by fire that ripped through four Buffalo homes
- Legislature calls for resignation of Erie County Water Authority chairman
- Indiana Pacers take UCLA point guard Aaron Holiday at No. 23