BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — A new study from the University at Buffalo (UB) suggests attractive people are more likely to get hired, receive better evaluations and get paid more.
But don’t worry, there’s a trick to level the playing field.
According to the UB School of Management, a “beauty premium” exists across professions. That’s partially because attractive people develop distinct traits as a result of how the world responds to their looks.
Here’s the thing, though. UB’s researchers say you can level the playing field with an easy step. All you have to do is adopt a more powerful posture for effective communication.
- Burchfield-Penney Art Center gets new sculpture from Junior League of Buffalo
- Local law firm plans to challenge vaccine mandate for healthcare workers in court
- State Labor Department: Buffalo-Niagara’s unemployment rate was 5.7 percent last month
- VIDEO: Dynamic drone footage of damage done by Superdome roof fire
- Just 56% of Americans can name all three branches of government — that’s actually a 15-year high