TOWN OF TONAWANDA, N.Y. (WIVB)–The woman who sent an emergency notification about coronavirus has been let go from her job.
The Town of Tonawanda unanimously approved a resolution to remove Rachelle May from her post.
Sources tell News 4, May sent out the alert on September 11, which was supposed to be a test.
It reminded people of the steps needed to prevent the spread of COVID-19. The town did not say why May was let go.
- Senate Republicans delay vote on COVID-19 relief bill
- WNY event organizers navigating new public gathering restrictions
- Democrats demand support for American Relief Plan as Republicans push for ‘vote-a-rama’
- Exclusive Poll: New Yorkers have split reaction on Gov. Cuomo’s recent apology, the accusations against him and more
- Lawsuit: Asks area schools to reopen 5 days a week, local districts cite the NYS 6 ft distancing requirement as major barrier