TOWN OF TONAWANDA, N.Y. (WIVB)–The woman who sent an emergency notification about coronavirus has been let go from her job.
The Town of Tonawanda unanimously approved a resolution to remove Rachelle May from her post.
Sources tell News 4, May sent out the alert on September 11, which was supposed to be a test.
It reminded people of the steps needed to prevent the spread of COVID-19. The town did not say why May was let go.
- Watkins Glen sanctuary hosts Thanksgiving meal for turkeys
- Western New York residents react to adjusting Thanksgiving plans amid the pandemic
- Buffalo City Mission delivers over 5,000 dinners across WNY
- AAA predicts 10% decline in Thanksgiving travel
- Catholic Diocese of Buffalo weighs in on Supreme Court ruling backing religious organizations