ANGELICA, N.Y. (WIVB) — Two people had to be hospitalized as the result of a crash on I-86 in Allegany County Monday night.
New York State Police responded to the scene near the Town of Angelica exit at 9 p.m. There, police say the driver of a westbound Kia Optima lost control and the vehicle spun multiple times.
Police say the vehicle struck the guard rails on both sides of I-86 before coming to a rest in the left lane. It was then struck by a westbound tractor-trailer.
The tractor-trailer driver was not injured, but both people in the Kia had to be taken to Strong Memorial Hospital for serious injuries.
The investigation into this crash is ongoing.
- Trump’s ‘zombie’ case lurches ahead of the pack
- California family files lawsuit against Amazon after driver kills 2 year-old girl
- Political satirist and Buffalo native Mark Russell dies
- Missing toddler Taylen Mosley’s body found in alligator’s mouth; father charged, chief says
- Sabres win Devon Levi’s debut on Jeff Skinner’s OT goal
Evan Anstey is an Associated Press Award, JANY Award and Emmy-nominated digital producer who has been part of the News 4 team since 2015. See more of his work here and follow him on Twitter.