PENDLETON, N.Y. (WIVB) — The former president and treasurer of a union for Pioneer Central School has been accused of stealing tens of thousands of dollars.
New York State police say Peggy Cass, 66, served as treasurer and president of the Pioneer Auxiliary Association Union between 2014 and 2019.
While in these roles, State police say Cass took more than $50,000 from the association’s union dues in order to pay for personal debt.
Cass was charged with grand larceny. She’ll appear in Cattaraugus County Court next month.
- Niagara Falls man bites staff during liquor store robbery
- Parole recommended for Charles Manson follower Patricia Krenwinkel
- Federal agency asks 100-year-old Florida woman to prove she’s alive after checks stop
- Will the mail be delivered on Memorial Day?
- Strangers honor veteran who died without family in St. Louis