CARROLLTON, N.Y. (WIVB) — New York State police say they took a Rochester man into custody after a chase on I-86.
The arrest took place on March 28. Earlier that month, police say Brandon Blackshear, 38, fled from authorities during an attempted traffic stop in the Town of Carrollton.
A pursuit followed through Carrollton and Allegany, police said. While it was happening, they say Blackshear threw a bag of cocaine out of his vehicle.
Blackshear, who was wanted on a federal warrant, was arrested on charges of unlawfully fleeing a police officer and criminal possession of a controlled substance. Following his arrest, Blackshear was arraigned and remanded to the Cattaraugus County Jail without bail.
(CORRECTION: An earlier version of this story listed an incorrect age for Blackshear. It has since been corrected to show his age as 38.)
- Bad news for the 2022 hurricane season: The Loop Current, a fueler of monster storms, is looking a lot like it did in 2005, the year of Katrina
- See the 10 cheapest, most expensive US airports to fly from
- Former Gov. Andrew Cuomo speaks to congregation at True Bethel Baptist Church
- How hackers get your password
- Are you smarter than a high schooler? Get paid $1K to see if you can score higher on SAT