SALAMANCA, N.Y. (WIVB) — A Salamanca woman has been charged with assaulting a police officer.
Early Thursday morning, Salamanca police and members of the Cattaraugus County Sheriff’s Office were working together to make a warrant arrest on Eagle Street.
During this time, deputies say 37-year-old Melissa Nestell pushed them and hit them in the face.
Nestell, who was also charged with resisting arrest and disorderly conduct, was remanded to the Cattaraugus County Jail. She’ll be in City of Salamanca Court at a later date.
- Connolly Cup recognizes Trevor Barry’s record-breaking run as first Iroquois Chief awarded as WNY’s top football player
- State parole officer charged with two felonies in evidence tampering case
- Supreme Court declines to take up 2020 case against Dominion, Facebook
- Rupert Murdoch to be deposed in Dominion’s 2020 lawsuit against Fox News
- ‘Cheers’ star Kirstie Alley dies at 71, family says