DUNKIRK, N.Y. (WIVB) — A man who was stopped by Dunkirk police allegedly had cocaine, pills and a loaded handgun they say he was not permitted to have in his possession, according to officials.
Dunkirk police say the traffic stop took place Tuesday around 1:13 a.m. at W. 4th and Lark streets.
Anthony Alvarez-Luna, 18, was accused of driving with a suspended license. In addition to the items mentioned above, police say they found $1,500 in cash in the vehicle.
Alvarez-Luna was charged with aggravated unlicensed operation, criminal possession of a weapon, and third and fourth-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance. After his arrest, he was held in custody, pending arraignment.
- Idaho Republicans block proposal to provide free tampons in schools
- Python hunters find missing Florida woman hundreds of miles from home
- The cars with the highest dealer markups in each state
- These are the hardest to find state quarters: Where does yours fall?
- These are the most livable US cities in 2023, study finds
Evan Anstey is an Associated Press Award, JANY Award and Emmy-nominated digital producer who has been part of the News 4 team since 2015. See more of his work here and follow him on Twitter.