JAMESTOWN, N.Y. (WIVB) — A man has been taken into custody after he pointed a handgun at a firefighter, Jamestown police say.
On Monday afternoon, police say 64-year-old Peter Ludwig pointed the gun at the firefighter before proceeding to go inside the Jamestown Police Department.
Outside, the firefighter flagged down an officer.
Ludwig then came back out of the department and approached an officer, according to police. They say he brandished a gun and was quickly taken into custody.
After this, Ludwig was taken to the Jamestown City Jail to be held for arraignment. He’s been charged with second-degree menacing and criminal possession of a weapon.
- Milestone US Soccer deal equalizes pay for women, men
- BPS to have “consistent police presence” near schools
- Two children hospitalized due to baby formula shortage
- Mullin legislation would expunge Trump’s Jan. 6 impeachment
- Teens’ killer likely took souvenir, may have ‘staged’ murder scene, warrant says