JAMESTOWN, N.Y. (WIVB) — A man wanted in both Pennsylvania and Jamestown was taken into custody in Chautauqua County.
Early Tuesday morning around 4 a.m., Jamestown police say they were patrolling in the area of the E. 2nd Street 7-Eleven when Dakota Proestler walked into a store.
In addition to warrants from the city, the 23-year-old Jamestown man also had a warrant from the Warren County Sheriff’s office in Pennsylvania. Police say Proestler was wanted for alleged retail theft.
Officers took him into custody and brought him to the Jamestown City Jail to be held pending arraignment. In addition to his warrants, Proestler was charged with being a fugitive from justice.
- Trump’s ‘zombie’ case lurches ahead of the pack
- California family files lawsuit against Amazon after driver kills 2 year-old girl
- Political satirist and Buffalo native Mark Russell dies
- Missing toddler Taylen Mosley’s body found in alligator’s mouth; father charged, chief says
- Sabres win Devon Levi’s debut on Jeff Skinner’s OT goal
Evan Anstey is an Associated Press Award, JANY Award and Emmy-nominated digital producer who has been part of the News 4 team since 2015. See more of his work here and follow him on Twitter.