JAMESTOWN, N.Y. (WIVB) — A Jamestown woman wanted in both New York and Pennsylvania was found by police late Monday night.
Jamestown police were on patrol in the area of West 2nd and Cherry streets when they say Sarah Johnson, 44, was seen walking on foot.
According to police, Johnson has several arrest warrants out of Jamestown and Ellicott, and was discovered to have warrants out of Pennsylvania, too. Specifically, they say she was wanted in Erie, Millcreek Township and Warren County on accusations of retail theft.
When she was taken in by police, Johnson was charged with three counts of being a fugitive from justice in addition to her local warrants. Pending arraignment and extradition, Johnson was taken to the Jamestown City Jail.
- DeSantis dodges on California migrant flights, Newsom in border roundtable
- Student arraigned on felony charges after bringing handgun into school
- ‘I can taste the air’: Photos show smoke from Canadian wildfires lingering over Capitol, obscuring NYC skyscrapers
- McCarthy dismisses threat to Speakership: ‘Not worried’
- California, Texas make legal moves against Florida migrant flights
Evan Anstey is an Associated Press Award, JANY Award and Emmy-nominated digital producer who has been part of the News 4 team since 2015. See more of his work here and follow him on Twitter.