TOWN OF PORTLAND, N.Y. (WIVB) — The Chautauqua County Sheriff’s Office is asking people to avoid the Rails-to-Trails system Monday morning as they and New York State police K-9 units conduct a general search of the area.
This comes after two sets of human remains were recently found in the Town of Portland.
MORE | Sheriff rules out serial killer as second set of human remains found in Chautauqua County
The remains were located in a wooded area. One set was found within 20 yards of the other near the entrance of the Rails-to-Trails system off Woleben Road.
- Taco Bell to bring back one of 2 discontinued items based on fans’ votes
- Ahead of Transgender Day of Visibility, Democrats press bill of rights
- California police union director charged with importing fentanyl, other opioids
- McCarthy offers to make Biden ‘soft food’ lunch if he will meet on debt limit
- Yellen says Trump administration ‘decimated’ financial oversight