BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — A man is facing charges after he allegedly stood naked with his face painted like the Joker at a Lakewood intersection on Sunday afternoon, according to police.
Police responded to the intersection of East Fairmount Avenue and Fairdale Avenue around 12:30 p.m. Sunday to the call. The naked man, identified as Aaron A. Chase of Jamestown, was also allegedly holding large signs with his name and other religious sayings on them.
He was taken into custody and charged with public lewdness and disorderly conduct. He was released on an appearance ticket to appear in the Town of Busti Court at a later date.
- Celebrating Hispanic Heritage Month through salsa dancing & music at the Olivencia Center
- License plate readers installed in Cheektowaga as police use tech to tamp down crime
- With NYC Rental Assistance Vouchers set to be used statewide, Erie Co. leaders share concerns
- Gov. Hochul extends deadline for bars to apply for Sunday morning liquor permit
- Police still investigating latest shooting near Club Marcella
Aidan Joly joined the News 4 staff in 2022. He is a graduate of Canisius College. You can see more of his work here.