TOWN OF CHAUTAUQUA, N.Y. (WIVB) — A Mayville man had to be flown to a trauma center in Pennsylvania after being hit head-on while riding a motorcycle.
The Chautauqua County Sheriff’s Office says it happened Wednesday afternoon on Elm Flat Rd. in the Town of Chautauqua.
Deputies say the 63-year-old motorcyclist was hit when an SUV tried to pass another car. The motorcyclist was treated at the scene before being flown away.
The driver of the SUV was issued a ticket and will have to appear in court at a later date.
- Partnership helps students connect with law enforcement
- ‘I really could have died’: Athletic trainer saves student who collapsed at Illinois school dance
- Rescue made at Erie Basin Marina Tuesday night
- Tom Brady and Gisele Bündchen reportedly hire divorce attorneys
- Woman accused of pushing 3-year-old into Lake Michigan now charged with murder