TOWN OF HARMONY, N.Y. (WIVB) — Two Ohio men were taken to a hospital in Pennsylvania after a small plane crashed in Chautauqua County Thursday night.
The Chautauqua County Sheriff’s Office says it happened on Baker Street Ext. in the Town of Harmony around 11 p.m.
The two occupants of the single-engine plane were conducting training exercises when the plane lost power and crashed in a wooded area.
The two men, ages 63 and 25, were able to get out on their own before being treated at the scene by first responders. They were then taken to UPMC Hamot in Erie for further treatment.
The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and the Sheriff’s Office are investigating this crash.
- Homeless man charged with breaking into Jamestown auto shop
- WATCH: Ship crosses paths with world’s largest iceberg as it drifts out of Antarctica
- Spending deal that helped sink McCarthy sees new hope as conservatives ease up
- Clock ticks down on Ukraine aid as Senate border talks falter
- Handcuffed and sent to the ER: Schools send more kids to the hospital for misbehavior