POMFRET, N.Y. (WIVB) — A passenger was killed in a one-vehicle crash in Chautauqua County.
New York State police say it happened Friday morning on Route 60 in the Town of Pomfret. According to officers, the vehicle was northbound when it went off the road and hit a tree.
The 64-year-old driver, a Fredonia resident, was treated for non-life threatening injuries. His passenger, Katie Korzeniewski, 38, also of Fredonia, was taken to UPMC Hamot in Erie, Pennsylvania, where she died.
The accident is under investigation.
- Bills to hold groundbreaking ceremony for new stadium Monday
- Trump says ‘I’m at least as innocent as he is’ after Pence won’t face charges on classified documents
- Why is Walmart closing some locations?
- Political winners and losers from the debt ceiling drama
- Jacky Oh, who appeared on ‘Wild ‘N Out’ with partner DC Young Fly, dies at 32
Evan Anstey is an Associated Press Award, JANY Award and Emmy-nominated digital producer who has been part of the News 4 team since 2015. See more of his work here and follow him on Twitter.