GERRY, N.Y. (WIVB) — Early Wednesday morning, a woman was found dead in a Chautauqua County home that caught fire.
Shortly after 3:30 a.m., fire officials and Sheriff’s deputies responded to the scene on Route 60 in Gerry.
“Upon arrival, the structure was found to be fully involved,” the Chautauqua County Sheriff’s Office said.
While working to stop the flames, firefighters determined that a single occupant, Sally Wissman, was unaccounted for. Her body was later found in the home.
The cause and origin of the fire are undetermined, as of Wednesday afternoon.
- FTC seeking to block Microsoft-Activision Blizzard merger
- Zelensky, Trump have most-notable quotations in 2022
- Jan. 6 panel plans to release criminal referrals alongside final report
- Iguana causes ‘large scale’ power outage in Florida city
- Here are the 39 House Republicans who backed the same-sex marriage bill