TOWN OF ELLERY, N.Y. (WIVB) — A woman who was wanted in Missouri was found in Chautauqua County.
Members of the Chautauqua County Sheriff’s Office say they received information from law enforcement officials in Missouri that led to Brouk Jansen’s arrest.
The 40-year-old was found on Thursday morning when deputies performed a warrant check at a residence on Mahanna Road in Ellery.
At the time, Jansen was wanted for driving with a suspended or revoked license, non-support, tampering with a vehicle and failing to appear in court. Since she was wanted outside New York, Jansen was charged with being a fugitive from justice.
While authorities investigated this matter, they say Jansen was found to be in possession of a stolen vehicle, so she was additionally charged with a felony count of possessing stolen property.
Jansen was taken to the Chautauqua County Jail.
- Is fall bringing you down? Here’s how to fight seasonal depression
- What are the ‘absolute best’ nachos in your state?
- Lawsuits, shrunk eligibility take the shine off Biden’s student debt relief
- You may have a REAL ID already: How to know
- Graduates from these colleges, universities have the most debt: report