PEMBROKE, N.Y. (WIVB) — A Batavia woman is dead after a two-vehicle crash Thursday afternoon on Route 5 in Pembroke, the Genesee County Sheriff’s Office announced.
When deputies arrived at the scene around 3:30 p.m., it was determined that one of the drivers of the vehicles, Nikki Stonebraker, 34, was deceased.
Authorities said Stonebraker was traveling eastbound in a 2007 Ford when her vehicle crossed the yellow line and struck a 2013 Dodge that was traveling westbound. The driver of the Dodge and a passenger were transported to ECMC with severe injuries.
According to Genesee County Sheriff’s Sergeant Kyle Krzemien, the crash happened during a period of heavy rain.
An off-duty deputy came across the crash shortly after it occurred and used his own tourniquet to help the driver of the van, Krzemien said.
The incident remains under investigation.
- Senate votes to advance short-term funding bill to avoid government shutdown
- Expert: Fatal shooting of West Seneca man by border agents ‘could have been avoided’ | Part 2
- Wegmans ranked 10th best grocery store by USA Today
- What is affected by a government shutdown — and what isn’t
- Biden takes it to Trump on Michigan picket line