BATAVIA, N.Y. (WIVB) — A Batavia woman has been arrested following an alleged instance of dining and dashing.
Batavia police say 40-year-old Sarah Malone was eating at a local restaurant when she left without paying her bill. Police located her, but they say she gave them a fake name and date of birth.
Malone was charged with criminal impersonation and theft of services before being released on a court appearance ticket.
- Ready 4 the Weekend: March 31-April 2
- 2 year-old escapes Kansas daycare, nearly hit by car, mom says
- Fake active shooter threats cause panic, several schools on lockdown
- Florida bill would make restrooms exclusive to males, females
- NYPD cops ordered to patrol in uniform, prepare for mobilization after Trump indictment
Evan Anstey is an Associated Press Award, JANY Award and Emmy-nominated digital producer who has been part of the News 4 team since 2015. See more of his work here and follow him on Twitter.