STAFFORD, N.Y. (WIVB) — According to a preliminary report from the United States Geological Survey (USGS), an earthquake occurred Monday in Genesee County.
It happened early in the morning. Looking at a map provided by USGS, the quake’s epicenter was located east of Batavia, north of the Stafford County Club, between Prentice Road and Randall Road.
Overall, it wasn’t a powerful earthquake, only registering a magnitude of 1.2 on the Richter scale. USGS says it was five kilometers deep.
- Homicide suspect, daughter killed in shootout with California law enforcement
- Flights flee Florida: WNYers travel home ahead of Hurricane Ian
- “This is taking on a new level, it’s not just a storm”: Tampa flights grounded as hurricane gets closer
- Trump slams New York AG over fraud lawsuit: ‘She’s a disaster’
- Volvo’s next EVs include subcompact crossover, mid-size sedan