ALEXANDER, N.Y. (WIVB) — A 65-year-old woman has died after a tree that was being cut down fell on her, New York State Police announced Monday.
Police say a tree was being cut down on the property of WNY Gas & Steam Engine Association on Gillate Road in the Town of Alexander. The tree then fell in the path of the woman around 9:50 a.m. Monday and was removed by neighbors with a tractor. Troopers and medical staff attempted life-saving measures, but the woman succumbed to her injuries.
According to police, the scene was “consistent with an accidental death” and there is no signs of foul play.
- Where to put a killer: Kindt to be paroled, released into society
- Chris Christie: ‘I just can’t’ back Trump for president again
- Williamsville school district unveils new logo
- Elephant in the dining room: Startup makes mammoth meatball
- Well-being check on children turns into three drug arrests: police
Adam Gorski is a Buffalo native who joined the News 4 team in 2022. You can find more of his work here.