WETHERSFIELD, N.Y. (WIVB) — A man is dead following a fatal motor vehicle crash involving two tractor-trailers, the Wyoming County Sheriff’s Office announced.
On Feb. 8, at approximately 2:24 p.m., the Wyoming County deputies responded to the scene of Route 78 and Hermitage Road where, they say, a serious motor vehicle accident had occurred.
After investigation, it was determined that 72-year-old George Foot of Gainesville, N.Y., was operating a tractor-trailer when he failed to yield the right-of-way to another tractor-trailer traveling west on Route 78.
The second tractor-trailer, authorities say, struck the rear end of Foote’s trailer, struck a guard rail and rolled over onto its side in a ditch.
The driver, identified as 59-year-old Mark Ikeler of Gainesville, was pronounced deceased at the scene by the Wyoming County Coroner.
Foote was issued a citation for failing to yield the right-of-way at a stop sign.
- Wisconsin school bans Miley, Dolly duet from class concert
- Possible TikTok ban raises alarm for Democrats ahead of 2024
- After 80 years, it’s the end of the road for Hamburg’s Braymiller’s Lanes
- California Assembly advances Newsom’s ‘price gouging’ bill
- Gwyneth Paltrow accuser takes stand, says ski crash was ‘serious smack’
Emily Miller is a digital producer who has been part of the News 4 team since 2022. See more of her work here.