JAVA, N.Y. (WIVB) – A woman in the Town of Java suffered serious but non-life threatening injuries Monday when her Amish buggy was struck by a pickup truck on Chaffee Road, according to the Wyoming County Sheriff’s Office.
Police say a man driving a Ford F-350 was coming over a small hill in the road and had the rising sun in his eyes when he struck the buggy, which was also in the eastbound lane.
The woman operating the horse-drawn carriage was the only occupant. She was taken by ambulance to ECMC.
The driver of the pickup truck was uninjured. Police say no charges were filed following their investigation at the scene.
- ‘A moment where minutes mattered’: High school student gives dad CPR, saves his life
- Rapper formerly known as Kanye West is now just Ye
- Brian Daboll once again coaching with a heavy heart after his grandfather passed away
- 7-foot tall Harambe statue installed opposite of Charging Bull covered in bananas
- VIDEO: 26 Shirts’ Del Reid talks about the hype surrounding the Buffalo Bills
- Buffalo Niagara Waterkeeper completes transformation of shoreline at North Tonawanda Botanical Gardens
- New attack ad sends the temperature rising in mayor’s race