JAVA, N.Y. (WIVB) – A woman in the Town of Java suffered serious but non-life threatening injuries Monday when her Amish buggy was struck by a pickup truck on Chaffee Road, according to the Wyoming County Sheriff’s Office.
Police say a man driving a Ford F-350 was coming over a small hill in the road and had the rising sun in his eyes when he struck the buggy, which was also in the eastbound lane.
The woman operating the horse-drawn carriage was the only occupant. She was taken by ambulance to ECMC.
The driver of the pickup truck was uninjured. Police say no charges were filed following their investigation at the scene.
- Harlem Globetrotters coming to Buffalo in February
- Orleans County woman dies in collision with tractor-trailer
- Sheriff: Batavia woman facing felonies after unlawfully collecting nearly $8,000 in SNAP benefits
- Newsfeed Now: Family says Gen. Colin Powell dies from COVID-19; Nationwide turkey shortage impacts Thanksgiving meals
- WWE coming to Buffalo in December
- Walmart announces 2021 Black Friday shopping events: Take a look at what’s on sale
- Betty Lynn, Thelma Lou on ‘The Andy Griffith Show,’ has died