WARSAW, N.Y. (WIVB) — A Wyoming County Jail inmate has been charged after authorities say he punched a corrections officer.
According to the Wyoming County Sheriff’s Office, Dillen Powell, 21, struck the officer in the face on Tuesday night. The officer was subsequently taken to Wyoming County Community Hospital, where they were treated and released.
The officer has since returned to duty.
Powell was charged with second-degree assault and committed back to the jail on $25,000 bail. He’ll be back in court at a later date.
- Counties with the least hospital bed capacity in New York
- ‘The View’ hosts test positive for COVID, leave set minutes before VP Harris interview
- Bills pushing for personal seat licenses at proposed new stadium
- Wegmans hosting drive-thru flu shot clinics throughout fall
- Sen. Schumer joins push to ‘close loopholes’ for NY organic dairy farmers