The deadline to file your taxes has arrived. If you waited until the last minute, we’ve got some important tips to ensure yours gets out on time.
Post Offices in Western NY will be open regular business hours on April 15. Post Office, Self-Service Kiosks and collection box location, hours, and pick-up time information is available here.
Here are some tax mailing tips from USPS:
• On April 15, mail early in the day at any Post Office, station, branch or collection box.
• Double-check the pick-up schedule on the label. To ensure getting the April 15th postmark, deposit returns before the last scheduled pick-up time.
• Stamped packages weighing more than 13 ounces must be presented in person to a Post Office clerk to comply with FAA regulations.
• Make sure your envelope has a return address. Short-paid items without a return address will be sent to the postal mail recovery office for determination of the sender, delaying its return.
• Tax forms are no longer available at Post Offices. Check at local libraries or online at https://www.irs.gov (Federal forms) or https://www.tax.ny.gov/ (NYS forms).
Please remember that mail must be deposited before the last collection time at the Post Office or collection box on April 15 to receive an April 15th postmark.