BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — A 31-year-old Buffalo man pleaded guilty to manslaughter Thursday morning, according to the Erie County District Attorney.
Steven Tyler was previously indicted on one count of murder in the second degree for the fatal shooting of 30-year-old Bashir Ingram.
On Nov. 2, 2021, Tyler shot Ingram outside of a residence on Keppel Street. Ingram died at the scene.
Tyler faces a maximum of 15 years in prison and continues to be held without bail. He is scheduled for sentencing at 9:30 a.m. on Friday, Jan. 27.
- Two adults, one teen to face charges tied to assault at Niagara Falls Tim Hortons
- Ketanji Brown Jackson issues solo dissent in ruling against Teamsters strike
- ’80s pop sensation Tiffany involved in accident on Tennessee highway: ‘Extremely lucky’
- Schumer vows to keep Senate in session until debt ceiling bill passes
- Judge orders continued probation for teen sex trafficking victim who killed alleged abuser
Emily Miller is a digital producer who has been part of the News 4 team since 2022. See more of her work here.