LOCKPORT, N.Y. (WIVB) — The Niagara County District Attorney announced Thursday that Nicholas J. Bartek was sentenced to 20 years to life in prison on a murder charge.
On April 2, 2021, Bartek beat 26-year-old Wayne E. Jackson of Youngstown to death in Niagara Falls. Bartek pleaded guilty to second-degree murder.
Latest in crime news
- Buffalo firefighter’s termination raises questions about state protections for some medical marijuana patients
- Kenmore West student found with BB gun
- Charges against New Era CEO dropped
- Plaintiff awarded $30 million in lawsuit against pastor
- Buffalo man guilty for attempting to sexually assault minor
Aidan Joly joined the News 4 staff in 2022. He is a graduate of Canisius College. You can see more of his work here.