(WIVB) — Many airport workers could be out of a job as millions of Americans are packing their bags for Thanksgiving travel.
As of Monday, all TSA employees are required to be vaccinated. The agency says most workers are complying.
But as of Monday morning, the latest numbers show 40 percent still do not have the vaccine.
This comes as millions of Americans are bracing for long lines, full flights, and packed airports in what’s expected to be the biggest holiday travel period since the start of the pandemic.
53 million Americans are expected to travel over the Thanksgiving holiday.
- Study suggests mixing vaccines provides greater protection against COVID-19
- Senate votes to nix Biden’s vaccine mandate for businesses
- Batavia physical therapist ‘not fully healed’ from COVID frontlines, remains optimistic despite rising cases
- Allegany County now has highest Covid positivity, lowest vaccination rates
- New York State COVID-19 update for December 8th